Sunday, October 14, 2007

Maybe she won't notice

I stayed home with our sick boy while Mindi went to church. Her last words as she was leaving were "only let the buns cook for 15 minutes"















Being the phenomenal cook that I am, I forgot about them and put Parker down for a nap. His bed seemed extra comfortable today so I was fast asleep in about 5 minutes. About an hour later the inspired image of rolls popped into my head and I thought "oh crap" and I ran downstairs.

My first thought was if I butter them enough and put them at the bottom of the bowl with the rest of the ones I was about to cook, maybe she wouldn't notice. After cutting into one of the rock-rolls, I knew there was no redemption.

The only thing I can make is a bowl of cereal so I'm just glad I didn't burn down the house.

7 comments:

Wes Dyer said...

Opps! I have burnt my fair share of things =).
Amber

the Painters said...

Nate you don't give yourself enough credit, those rolls are beautifully golden colored, sitting next to those nasty looking ones to its right...oh wait....YOU MADE THOSE ONES? hahhahahaa. It's all about trying right?

vanessa said...

thats funny, jason would have done the same thing!

Unknown said...

I am still laughing about this!

Unknown said...

By the way, this week I burned ramen noodles. Who would have thought that was possible?!

♥ Natalie said...

Hi, Mindi. My name is Natalie Evans, and I saw that you are great friends with Celeste (whom I absolutely love!) and I just had to check you guys out - hope you don't mind! I think that the first batch of rolls look really really good!! Would you ever mind sharing the recipe? (If not, I totally understand!) I have been wanting to try a new recipe for rolls... Just so you know who I am, feel free to check out our blog: ilovemyfamily5.blogspot.com . Take care!

♥ Natalie said...

Mindi - Thanks for replying! I am definately going to make some of the rolls! They look sooo yummy. Oh, and I had to tell you that I really liked your crazy socks from your Halloween pics! Too fun!!

Oops!

Seeing Sammy for the first time