Wednesday, September 19, 2007

What a week!




he's adorable even with wires stuck to his head!!



On Monday our sweet little Sammy was admitted to the hospital because the last couple of times we have fed him solid food he throws every thing up, starts dry heaving, goes completely white, loses conciousness, and stops breathing (not our idea of fun). I don't think we have ever been so scared! So they rushed us to the hospital for the second time (the first visit was last Tues. the 4th) and ran a bunch of tests only to come to the conclusion that he is not having seizures, he doesn't have any metabolic disorders, and his GI tract is all woring correctly except for a little reflux (which we already knew about). So we came home knowing what is NOT the problem, now if we could only figure out what IS the problem. We are taking him to the Dr. today for a follow up visit and getting more lab work and tests done. Hopefully we will come up with an answer soon. While we were in the hospital they did a ton of lab work, an EEG, a CT scan of his head and an upper GI study. He got poked a total of 9 times and was straight cathed twice, but bless his heart he was such a trooper! After every procedure he would look up at us and the nurses and with big tears in his eyes he would give us the sweetest little smile! He is such a sweet boy and we feel so blessed to have him in our family!

8 comments:

Wes Dyer said...

I am SO sorry!! Poor baby. We will pray for your sweet little boy. I can't imagine how scary that would be. Yikes!!
Amber

the Painters said...

Oh Mindi and Nate, I am soooo sorry you are having to deal with this heartache right now. How scary. I will keep you all in my prayers. let me know if you need ANYTHING. Sweet little Sammy. What a trooper.

Unknown said...

What a tuffy! Hang in there, guys! Hopefully they will be able to find a good answer that is easy to fix! :) Poor baby! I don't know if it is harder on the kids, or the mommies when they have to stick babies that many times!

Brandon said...

Sounds like Sammy is just as tough as the other Larsons. Our prayers are with you.

The Cronin Family said...

I wish I could see him right now and give him a big hug! Give him one for me! xoxoxo

LUJAN said...

ME ROMPIO EL CORAZON VER A SAMMY ASI... Y EL SOLO PENSAR EL DOLOR DE UDS, EL SUSTO,Y A LA VEZ BUSCAR A DIOS POR LA AYUDA SIN PREGUNTARLE A EL: PORQUE NOSOTROS? PORQUE SAMMY? SIN DUDA TENIA QUE SER PARA UDS ESA PRUEBA, PORQUE EL CONFIO A SAMMY A UDS! Y ESTAN HACIENDO MUY BIEN... EL ESTARA ORGULLOSO DE VER SU AMOR, SU PACIENCIA, SU FE... POR CUIDAR DE ESE ANGELITO QUE EL LES PRESTO... LOS QUIERO MUCHISIMO! FUERZA CHICOS!! LU

Helen Thomas Robson said...

Mindi, Im sorry that I haven't written you sooner. I've been wanting to get a hold of you forever to see if you had found out anything on that website that archives blogs, and I had the wrong blog address for you. Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog or I would still be trying to find you. I talked to Dena today and she told me about Sammy. GiGi was in the hospital this last year. I totally feel for you. My eyes were filling with tears as I read all he is going through. It is so tough as a parent to sit there and not be able to do anything to take the pain away and not know what is really happening. We will be praying for you that you find out soon what is going on and that Sammy will be healthy and strong. Love you guys, I will keep checking in on your site to see how things are going. If you need any help with Parker while you are at dr.apt. and hospital call me. I am home during the day most of this week.

xoxo
Helen, Rusty & GiGi

jenshy said...

We just wanted to let you know that our prayers are with you and your family. If you need anything let us know.

Oops!

Seeing Sammy for the first time